Hosting a Tea Party
Planning a tea party for kids? Click here for party ideas. >>
Hosting a tea party can be a fun way to slow the place of life and enjoy a special afternoon with friends. A successful event takes just a few hours planning, which can also be pleasurable in itself. One of the first things you’ll have to decide is whether or not your party will have a theme. Will you host a British tea party? A Victorian tea party?
An unusual theme might be to host a cookie exchange tea party, which can take place anytime, not just during the winter holidays. This is a great way to try out a new recipe and have a special event with a sweet twist.
Encourage your friends to bring their favorite cookie recipes, baking tips and/or other finger goodies to share with party attendees.
Here are some helpful tips for hosting a successful, enjoyable tea party (whether you choose to have a cookie exchange or not).
- Set the date at a time when your invitees are most likely to come. You can plan the event around a birthday or holiday, if you like.
- Select your theme and have it be something that will be fun for you and your guests.
- Choose your party invitations to reflect your personality and the party theme. For tips on tea party invitations, click here. Plan on mailing your invitations out to guests at least two weeks prior to your event.
- Decide on the types of loose leaf teas you will serve. For ideas, visit the extensive selection of loose leaf teas in our specialty tea shop in partnership with Art of Tea. This purveyor of quality tea provides specific brewing instructions for each tea offered to help ensure optimum flavor for your guests.
- Plan your menu. What type of foods will you serve? Consider what you can prepare ahead of time. Ideas include a selection of tasty sandwiches, scones and sweets, a special salad, and fruit.
- Make sure you have an appropriate supply of teaware, including teacups, saucers, teapots and infusers, along with spoons and forks, small plates, and cloth napkins.
- You also will need a plate of lemon wedges, a container full of packets of sweeteners, and servers for honey and whole milk. Use lumps of sugar instead of regular refined sugar for an added touch of elegance.
- Set a lovely table. For hosting a tea party, use your best tea service and add a flower centerpiece. Yellow roses signify friendship and match any décor. Decorate your table to match your theme.
Above all, try to keep things simple because, as hostess, you want to enjoy yourself, too. Planning will keep your efforts to a minimum on the big day so you can focus on your friends and enjoy their company
SHOP for Tea!
Enjoy award-winning, handcrafted teas and herbal blends from specialty tea purveyor Art of Tea. Click on the tea links below to go to the Art of Tea website and shop for delicious teas.
At Learn-About-Tea.com, our goal is to enhance your tea experience by bringing together a wealth of tea information and a place to buy exceptional tea online. To provide quality teas, herbals and tisanes, we evaluated an extensive number of on-line tea purveyors.
As a result, we are pleased to offer you the fine handcrafted and organic teas from Art of Tea, of which Learn-About-Tea.com. So shop for these unique and delightful teas by clicking on the tea links above. Your purchase will be made through the Art of Tea website.
Disclosure: Art of Tea is a separate entity from Learn-About-Tea.com. All products, services, claims, and transactions provided by Art of Tea are fully the responsibility of Art of Tea. Learn-About-Tea.com is not liable in any way. As an affiliate of Art of Tea, Learn-About-Tea.com is paid a commission for purchases made through the above links that help fund publishing this website.
Buy Tea Gift Baskets >>
Related Information - Hosting a Tea Party
Tea Party Invitations
Learn About Tea HOME
Selecting Party Favors for Teas
Themes and Ideas for Tea Parties
Mad Hatter Tea Party
Delicious Tea Sandwiches
Teddy Bear Tea Party
Tea Party Game Ideas
Planning Your Invitations
Hosting an English Tea
Activities for a Children's Tea
Hosting a Tea Party - Victorian Style
Caring for a Sterling Silver Tea Set
High Tea vs. Afternoon Tea?
How to Make Russian Tea Cakes
Inspiration for Tea Parties
Enjoy and Use Your Porcelain Cups
Tea Party Hosting